Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Sorry!

Okay, so I now it has been FOREVER since I have blogged, and forever is magnified in the blogosphere, so having totally committed a web-based social faux pas of the rankest kind, I am easing my way back into your good graces. I will have you know that despite my absence on the Internet, I have still been cooking. This was actually quite surprising for myself, even, because as I have always loved writing, and this cooking thing is a new-found obsession. It is an obsession that I figured would surely die out just like my short stint with Jnco Jeans back in the 5th grade and that time I made my dad convert part of our attic into an "Art Room" to go untouched to this day and for the entirety of its ten year existence. So tonight I will not be providing you with a recipe and a story about my day, but rather I will share with you my latest obsession. Joni Mitchell's "River." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCov0TYXBp8

This song is heart wrenchingly depressing and never ceases to make my throat ache. These songs are rare, and so when you come across one, I think it should be given proper recognition. It's coming on Christmas They're cutting down trees They're putting up reindeer And singing songs of joy and peace Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on But it don't snow here It stays pretty green I'm going to make a lot of money Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene I wish I had a river I could skate away on I wish I had a river so long I would teach my feet to fly Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I made my baby cry He tried hard to help me You know, he put me at ease And he loved me so naughty Made me weak in the knees Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I'm so hard to handle I'm selfish and I'm sad Now I've gone and lost the best baby That I ever had Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I wish I had a river so long I would teach my feet to fly Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I made my baby say goodbye It's coming on Christmas They're cutting down trees They're putting up reindeer And singing songs of joy and peace I wish I had a river I could skate away on

No comments:

Post a Comment