Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Spinach Puffs, Pulled Pork, Rootbeer



So I blogged about these recipes two nights ago and just as I was about to finish up, I hit a key and it was all gone, in one horrible moment. In a fit of frustration, I shut my laptop and went to bed. I will try to make up for it now:

After making my Spinach and Water Chestnut Chicken, I had a lot of ingredients left that I wanted to use up. So I googled everything I had in my fridge and pantry in one brilliant search to see what happened. Seconds later I had before my eyes a perfect recipe for Spinach Puffs! I will now quote my grandmother:

"I heahh zee most vundafull sings about zee intanet!"

and promptly concur.

Cheese and Spinach Puffs

10 oz frozen chopped spinach
½ chopped onion
2 lightly beaten eggs
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ cup blue cheese dressing
2 tablespoons melted butter
½ teaspoon garlic powder or fresh
1 8½ oz corn muffin mix

Combine all ingredients, cover and chill one hour.

Shape into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until tops are slightly brown.


I did not have blue cheese dressing so I used sour cream instead. I think this was a mistake. I feel like blue cheese would have added a really nice bite against the sweetness of the cornbread.

For dinner I went over to my brother's house. He had made a delicious pot of pulled pork using Root beer.

  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
  • 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
  1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

Delish!















Next up: Root Beer Floats. We hearkened back to our childhoods with this ever so simply delicious treat.



As the night concluded and I grabbed my things to go back to my apartment I hear...

"Oh, Hey Les, Mom left you a care package with me..."

AWESOME.

These are some of the food related contents:














always good...


hachacha!













And the crem de la crem:

Who knew something this beautiful is being sold next to Campbell's
cans? If I were Andy Warhol I would have made my millions off of this little treasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment