Friday, September 25, 2009

Marinara

Every Friday, I go to work for a few hours in the morning and then have a mammoth break in the middle of the day, and then head back to campus for one class. The nature of the day's placement in the week is already prone to inactivity and this break does not help. So, what do I do during this objectionably placed period that serves as a black hole to all of my sensible productivity? Cook something, obvi.
Today I took a recipe I found on The Yummy Mummy's blog for marinara, serving as the first time I had ever put something on pasta that wasn't out of a $.92 can that said Del Monte on it. Nube, I know.

So, here is how it went:

I used up some (still) remaining ingredients from the week's earlier exploits and added a few to the mix.

1 28oz can crushed tomatoes (San Marzano, if possible)
1/2 chopped onion
3 cloves garlic
1 can chicken broth
3T olive oil

Cook garlic and onion in olive oil over medium low heat for ten mins or until clear.
Add tomatoes.
Add chicken broth and stir.
Let simmer, if you have time for about an hour, if not for as long as possible.
Remove from heat and serve over your favorite pasta.

I added fresh Parmesan, mozzarella and parsley for some color.

See? See?!

No comments:

Post a Comment